OHS of basics
OHS REGULATIONS IN A BEAUTY SALON
During performance of cosmetic procedures it is necessary to follow antiseptic and aseptic rules, OHS regulations and adhere to the rules of hygiene and personal culture, such as:
- easy access to lockers, aperture, cosmetic instruments and equipment,
- proper arrangement of furniture and equipment,
- easy access to tools and proper marking of containers and preparations,
- systematic inspection of all devices and their proper maintenance, aperture cleanliness,
- disinfection of tools and accessories,
- inspection of equipment, electrical wires and electrical mains,
- repair of equipment only by authorized service personnel.
- when leaving the salon, everything should be unplugged from the power supply,
- easily washable floors,
- adherence to regulations when using electrical equipment.
GUIDELINES REGARDING SANITARY AND EPIDEMIOLOGICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BEAUTY SALONS
- beauty salons must be arranged in separated interiors, sufficiently spacious, featuring natural and artificial lighting,
- Customers should be provided with a waiting room with coat hangers for their outer clothing located outside the primary salon,
- beauty salons cannot be used for residential purposes,
- beauty salons must be kept clean and tidy, and all cleaning equipment must be removed without delay and stored in a separate room intended for that purpose,
- the walls of the beauty salon should be painted in bright colors and be smooth,
- the floor must be easily washable, lined with smooth materials and without crevasses,
- armchairs and chairs must be lined with replaceable materials,
- the salon must feature: - running cold and hot water,
- a supply of clean aprons,
- separate lockers for dirty linen,
- a locker for storing clean linen for the personnel,
- a locker for Customer garments,
- a glazed cabinet for storing creams, liquids and tools, etc.
- appropriate glass vessels for cotton swabs and gauze, and a sanitary inspection logbook.
Every newly opened beauty salon should receive National Sanitary Inspection approval.
- linen used while servicing a Customer cannot be used a second time,
- tools used for cosmetic procedures must be disinfected after each use,
- sharp utensils must be thoroughly rinsed with a stream of cold water and then disinfected after every use,
- use disinfecting liquids with antibacterial and antiviral properties,
- before commencing work, prepare a fresh disinfecting solution, in clean and washed containers,
- disinfection of tools and utensils should be done with full submersion,
- after disinfecting tools must be washed again,
- needles, razors, etc. must be disinfected after use and afterwards incinerated,
- used material bins must be washed, disinfected and lined with plastic bags,
- bowls, countertops at workstations should be cleaned using disinfecting, an washing products, and in case of using only washing products, these should also be disinfected,
- the beautician must wash her hands after completing the procedure,
- in case of injury to the Customer or employee, the wound must be disinfected with 3% hydrogen peroxide.